Prep time plus cooking time: 30 min. | Serves 2
- Thai rice noodles for two
- 1 jar of Pad Thai paste
- 1 organic lemon or lime
- Fish sauce
- 2 eggs
- 2 carrots
- 1 clove of garlic
- 150 g beansprouts
- 2 small chillies (red and/or green)
- 1 handful of unsalted peanuts
- 9 large prawns
- Fresh coriander
- Chop the garlic and fry in a wok over a medium-high heat. Add the thinly sliced carrots. Add the beansprouts, along with the eggs. Keep stirring so as to scramble the egg.
- Cook the noodles for 4 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp fish sauce, the noodles and Pad Thai paste to the wok and stir.
- Fry the prawns in the pan until nice and orange.
- Meanwhile, crush the peanuts using a pestle and mortar.
- In a bowl, mix 3 tbsp fish sauce with the chillies (deseeded) and 1 tbsp sugar.
- Serve the Pad Thai on a large plate and squeeze over the juice of half a lemon or lime. Top with the peanuts and fresh coriander and serve with the pepper sauce.
Source: The Lemon Kitchen